Friday

Touchdown

Angie and Mike have a long-standing tradition that they spend Sundays at home watching sports, they go no where and rarely host anyone. It is their time to be together as a family. Chad was raised this way as well, Sunday is family time. I have always been a little envious of people who could actually take a day to rest because it is not in my nature. Chad and I always cram Sunday full of errands, shopping, chores and projects since Saturdays are usually full of Olivia's activities and our socializing. However, last Sunday, by happenstance, we stayed home and relaxed all day. We had friends for brunch, but by one they had gone on their way and we rested. Football was the only channel on, Olivia dozed off on the couch while I cooked a yummy dinner. I have to admit, I am kind of hooked. I am going to give it another try this week; it will be hard not to answer the siren call of the errands, but I am going to combat it with this. A complete set of coloring sheets of all the hand signal referees use in football. I am always willing to learn something new and hopefully this will keep Olivia from making us crazy.

No comments: