Wednesday

Comic Con-vert

So, in case you haven't noticed Watchmen is what I am reading lately and no one is more surprised than me. I have spent many years ridiculing my husband for his comic book/sci fi tendencies; when he wanted to go to the Star Trek museum in Vegas I used that opportunity to blow all my free drink tickets at the nearest bar, I have foisted him off on his guy friends for everything from Star Wars movies to the release of the Heroes on-line comic books. However, I think it was seeing Persepolis that turned things around for me. It highlighted the often overlooked and under publicized genre of female authored comics about something other than superhero machismo. Watchmen is supposed to be the anti-hero comic so I am excited to be starting it. I don't know why i have waited so long, being a visual person I often have to re-read thing that I have just read to absorb them completely, not so with the comic books.

After doing some research, I also bought Olivia a comic book from a new publishing series by Art Spiegelman's wife. She loves it. So maybe we are all comic converted.

No comments: