Sunday

Taste Tested

Chad and I are slowly moving through our checklist of things people can't believe that we haven't done since moving back to the Midwest. Camping, check. Taste of Chicago, check. I have been several times but for the rest of the fam this was a first and since it involved a day of doing nothing but eating crazy food, they were totally on board. We also went to the Adler Planetarium but that is a whole other post.

So Olivia ate her first cannolli, goat, shark, a pickle the size of her head, catfish lollipops, empanadas, dumplings, noodles of all stripes and, of course, deep dish pizza and a hot dog. I love the Taste because it is like going to the most ginormous buffet you have ever been to because they will sell you like these little mini portions of everything. It is a a fat foodie's paradise.

Top photo: Olivia with Chicago's finest, blue Italian Ice pusses, and the aforementioned pickle. I know what you are thinking, and yes, she ate all of it except the very last bit which fell in the dirt. Which would not have stopped her, but I felt that it was my duty to draw the line somewhere.

Best part of the Taste? Wii Fit tent. I did the yoga, of course, and it was super cool. Though not really keeping in the spirit of yoga since you are on a machine. However, it was awesome in correcting posture in the small time that I used it.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: