Sunday

Adler Planetairum, Why Do You Hate Me?

Seriously, throw a girl a bone. When you have a kid that asks a lot of questions there needs to be a part of the exhibit that REALLY dumbs down the concept so that i can answer at least some of the questions. You can even put it in really small print or put FOR DUMB PEOPLE, I won't be offended. Because this was up there in the most debasing experiences of my life. I am vividly recalling my daughter playing with some interactive exhibit asking:

"What is this Mommy, is it stars?"
"Uh no, it says it is nebulas, which might be stars. But if it was stars why wouldn't it just say stars?"
"Why are they bouncing Mommy?" Long pause. "Mommy?"
Chad interjects, "Why don't we call Chip."
"Shit! How did we leave the rocket scientist at home!?! Bad Mommy! Yeah, kiddo I have no idea what the heck this is. Let's go look at the pretty pictures."

No comments: