Wednesday

Lazy, Hazy Days of Summer

So this morning I got up a whole 45 minutes before my daughter. I realized that Olivia and I had been spending too much time together when 45 minutes alone felt like heaven. I actually got to take a whole shower, alone. I even used a fraction of the ten thousand beauty products my mother and sister foist on me in an attempt to make me "more like a girl." I actually looked at my outfit before i put it on, made my bed and got to watch a whole blissful ten minutes of CNN. It's a desperate time when you miss the crap vacuum that is CNN.

I am so grateful that it is summer, even though it looks like something exploded in my home we have still been able to enjoy long days with bike rides (and by we I mean Chad and Olivia, fun fact about me: cannot stop while riding a bike) grilling and ice cream. We have even let Olivia have a few late nights to stargaze.

Tomorrow morning I may take the coffee maker out to the garage and enjoy a cup.

No comments: