Monday

What Mamma Wants

So Sunday was the make-up date for my Mother's Day and what a day it was. Instead of gifts and spa I chose to use it as a way to exploit work from my loved ones. I know that this might seem strange, but remember that this is coming from the woman who asked for a stove for her birthday. So yesterday my family did yard work, housework, extra childcare chores and they had to eat things like extra servings of fruit. With Chad headed out of town again this week, I was much more grateful to start the week with a semi-clean house and a head start on all my spring plantings than any pedicure.

I still have a long way to go on my to do list, but I think that I opened my family's eyes to how much work we can get done when we all work together. Or maybe they are just counting their blessings that my day is only once a year. It would be nice to refinish the deck for birthday though...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth-your paternal grandmother took 2 Tylenol PM every night. I felt that just fed into the history of substance abuse in our family and called her on it. She claimed that any grogginess was eliminated after showering so all was fine.

So new we have a history of insomnia and substance abuse.....