Monday

Whoa baby!

So Friday night I made the hop, skip and jump up to Green Bay to Angie's baby shower and what fun. I don't often get to participate in truly girlie rites of passage so I felt a little bit like a stranger in a strange land and was totally shown up by the mamma to be. That girl is seven months pregnant and still managed to squeeze her round self into an adorable cocktail dress and heels while I was sitting in the corner bitching about the fact that I couldn't wear flip flops.

I find many things about showers odd, like favors that no one ever takes home, but mostly the whole unwrapping gifts in front of others thing. I had to do this when I got married and I found it strange. I mean, I find it hard to keep up the level of enthusiasm for the twentieth gift that I had for the first, it is weird to be stared at for so long and I always feel the pressure to be entertaining since everyone else is stuck there for like an hour watching you open gifts.

However, when you help throw a party for Angie Oh you get an awesome thank you gift. Mine is a frilly vintage hostess apron that is right out of Leave It To Beaver. All I need now is pearls and kitten heels, look out Martha.

No comments: