Monday

From the High To The Low

So Chad and I had an event-full weekend which included our ninth wedding anniversary and the Pizza Hut lunch buffet. I consider it very important to spend at least one meal at a trashy restaurant as an homage to the fact that we were engaged in an Olive Garden (don't ask, it is truly is a sad, sad story). Yesterday, of course, was Mother's Day; Chad celebrated by going to Indianapolis to bust up a truck driving union. I tried to get really pissy about it, but I could only be sad that he had to go to Indianapolis, the only city in America where i feared being stabbed to death in my sleep in a Motel 6 on our move to Madison from DC. Seriously, it was the scariest night of my life.

I celebrated by not choking my daughter who was returned to me sleep-deprived, with a cold, and reeking of cigarette smoke from four days at my mother's.

So today I am again spouseless, coming down with a cold in a filthy house and an unmowed yard because I foolishly chose to "relax" on my vacation. A mistake to never again be repeated. How the mighty have fallen.

No comments: