Tuesday

Love Lorn


Chad and I had to retire a big part of our dating life today with the passing of Robert Rauschenberg. When Chad and i first started dating he thought it was really hot that I was an Art History major. I knew that he was the one for me because it thought it was hot and not totally ridiculous and nerdy. However, it could not be totally determined if he was the one for me until we toured a few museums and his taste was up to snuff. Chad was not totally ignorant about the visual arts, but my emphasis was contemporary sculpture, not area that your average art enthusiast has much exposure to. So after many tours I knew that I was head over heels when Chad finally committed to Robert Rauschenberg and Francis Bacon.
My first collage with Olivia was modeled after Rauschenberg. It is the end of the era. I am looking forward to the retrospectives so that Olivia can see how her parents fell in love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your cousin, Francesca, sat between Rauschenberg and Liz Taylor at a brunch in Venice in 1993. Hence she was 13. She hardly remembers but I do......Liz's hairdresser sat to her left. It was a strange meal.