Thursday

Bed sores

SO I haven't been immobile like this in quite awhile , and I certainly haven't had the opportunity to see what's on tv at 4 AM in quite awhile. Turns out that the only thing on tv at 4 AM is music videos. At first I was really pumped, music videos were the standard-bearer for everything that was cool. Fashion, cinematography, dance, all came from videos. I don't know when videos no longer became important for branding an artist. When did six hours of Jackass become cooler than music videos? Even MTV2 now only shows "reality" programming.

Even the one hour I watched started out great with a song off of "In Rainbows" then there was a bunch of poser-band filler and it ended with Fatboy Slim. Fatboy Slim? I'm sorry, but music that was popular when I was in college should not still be running on MTV.

No comments: