Thursday

The Best Thing My Mom Ever Did

Sorry that I have been down so long, but I have been digging myself out of an amazing backlog of stuff from the holidays and sickness. I actually scheduled 14 appointments yesterday, 14! Anyway, like everywhere in America, today is a little bit of Christmas at the Gendreau household. According to news reports, $1500 is coming my way thanks to the fact that the administration boinked the economy. Here is what I don't get. For months I have been hearing nothing but stories about how America is going to be screwed because we do nothing but spend, take all the equity out of our now worthless homes, and rack up immense amounts of debt. So now that we have stopped doing that the government sends us a check so that we can, spend it? Aren't we supposed to be saving? I listened to a report today that said the whole reason the checks will be coming in June is because if it came with our tax return we would be more likely to save it. That is so backwards, two words, market correction. Oh yeah, I watch MSNBC. Who says a desperate housewife can't understand foriegn markets?

Note to federal government. My check will be used in a way that is totally awesome. The best thing my mom ever did for me was marry a banker. My dad taught me a trick when I was home last in which a strategically placed double mortgage payment can cut your interest rate and decrease the amount of time it takes to pay off your mortgage by a significant amount. I have been plotting ever since about how to scrape up enough for a double mortgage payment. Thank you, Congress. After Chad and I refinance later this Spring, it is home free to cutting down our repayment by at least ten years.

OMG, I am a dork. But, I am a dork who is doing my patriotic duty by not requiring a federal bailout out my mortgage. Don't get me started on those people. Being a Democrat does not require you to feel sorry for stupid people who can't research a mortgage properly.

No comments: