Friday

Class Act

SO in a precursor to the larger Christmas wrap up post I have to do a quick post to pay proper homage to the greatest gift giver of all time, my husband. Chad would ordinarily not strike you as one who would give great gifts. He is a procrastinator, kind of absent-minded and I am almost sure that when I talk to him that 85% of the time all he is hearing is that sound that the teacher used to make in all the Peanuts movies, wha wha whum wha. I, on the other hand, am the worst gift giver of all time. My lists, organization and generally good listening skills serve to do nothing but paralyze me in the gift giving arena.

So at some point over the holiday season we were cruising through Macy's to get to the slummier parts of the mall and we passed the Chanel desk. We had a long discussion about Chanel's new ad campaign, how gross i think Keira Knightley is, etc, etc. I remember saying at the time that I thought it was such a shame to sully such a classic brand with someone so low rent, and that I thought Chanel was one of the few things left in this world that was still classy.

Low and behold, under the tree was some Chanel No. 5 and he told me had to buy it because i was the classiest girl he knew. Go ahead, tear up a little. This was followed by a lengthy and difficult conversation with my daughter who was traumatized that Mommy was crying at Christmas, where nothing should happen but frenzied unwrapping and shrieks of joy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhh-let me wipe away the tears. What a gem Chad is. He's a real keeper. But always remember--down the road a classy girl wants the Chanel ballet flats and matching black bag. Do I hear "partnership"?

Anonymous said...

Liz, I am thrilled with the Christmas Present you and Chad gave me again this year! At this very moment I am enjoying Sirius-86 Concert hall on all the FM receivers in my house (thanks to the nearly invisible antenna wire now strung over my entire house). It got even better when I discovered this web site ... radio-locator.com ... it told me which FM channel to set the Sirius for the best FM signal. I will also enjoy the Sirius on my way to Las Vegas to restrain Chad at the Consumer Electronics Show (lucky he can only drool - there is no on-site selling). Satellite radio is the best present you could get the guy who has absolutely everything he could possibly want and is still getting rid of stuff.

Anonymous said...

Every now and then one of them (men) "gets" it. And we, the woman who are grateful to be occasionally noticed, fall into puddles of astonished amazement. Nice going Chad, you're good to go for another year!

P. S. I think they have some kind of silent communication amongst themselves that allows them to figure how the minimum will have the maximum effect. : )