Friday

Christmas wrap up

I would do a top ten or even a top 5, but I can only transfer four pictures so this is what you get.

1) Bell ringing. Yes Lori and I froze our patoots off, yes we had an uncomfortable incident with a crazy homeless person, yes we had to see someone, who will remain nameless, who we now know is a total cheapskate bastard. But Lori and I rocked it out and the kid was cute too.



Cookie decorating-Always enjoyable. Always nauseating and messy, but a good time. God bless Tina and her ability to see past 9lbs of frosting and take them all home.
Advent calendar activities-We made our own advent activities and out of twenty five we only felt like we needed to pass on one. Kid tested, parent approved and a new family tradition.
Working towards your personal best-I think the holidays tends to be a time of year where you let a lot go because you have so much else to do. This year i wanted to find something to challenge myself and it came in the form of Martha's Gingerbread Caramels. Having never made any kind of candies or fudge before i was proud and impressed that I followed through with it. Chad said they were the best of all the holiday confections. I thought that went to the Fleur de Sel cookies, 72% cacao and fleur de sel. 100% yum.



As usual, the kid made a haul and was very well behaved despite being completely overstimulated. So despite my grinchy predictions it was a great holiday season and we are looking forward to another four day weekend for New Year's if we can get out of the house. Oh yeah, it is snowing again. And again on Sunday, lucky us.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are to be commended for doing a good deed. But I think you and Lori may have raised more money if you had worn cute tights like the small person in the photo!!