Wednesday

Give me a prize!!!

I normally avoid the canned questionaires like this one on Fancy Simple today, but I want a prize. The last time I told the girls over at Fancy Simple that i wanted something (guest blogger status) they gave it to me so I am hoping if I mention the prize thing enough I will win. Ladies, girl power should be about asking for what you want and getting it.


1. Name- Elizabeth
2. Pink - Love it or Hate it? I have exactly one shade of pale pink that I like. Though I am not anti-pink in principle.
3. Signature shade of lipstick, lipgloss, etc. Does chapstick count?
4. Do you have a best girl friend? I have my lesbian posse, and Angie.
5. Do you have a woman mentor? Not formally, but most of the women in my life are older than me including my friends. So I would say that I learn a lot from them.
6. Are you a woman mentor to someone else? Most of my friends haven't had kids yet, so I am excited to do some parent-to-be mentoring.
7. Tomboy or Princess? i would have to say princess in theory, tomboy in practice.
8. Favorite Girl Band?-Tough one. I am not a fan of too many all girl bands and a quick page through my iTunes library shows that nearly all of the female-lead bands, are Chad's albums. So I would have to say PJ Harvey, Dixie Chicks, KD Lang.
9. Are you a mom? Yes, to Hurricane Olivia.
10. Do you and your mom have any rituals? If by ritual you mean she calls me nearly everyday and spends most of the phone conversation yelling at my brother and sister. It's like I never left home.
11. Fashion magazines - yea or nay. Hell, yea. I used to be a Vogue addict, when olivia was born I downgraded to Lucky, now it's whatever my aunt has at spa week.
12. Do you have a feel good outfit? Of course, my Tim Gunn trench. I am looking to expand with some post-holiday sales.
13. Have you called your grandma or special aunt, or special older lady lately? I have many aunts and I try to call them often.
14. Signature Scent? Elmer's Glue?
15. Favorite female tv character? Brenda Lee Johnson on The Closer. Sassy and a binge eater. Girl after my own heart.
16. Favorite place to hang out with gal pals? Coffee houses and restaurants, the food addiction should be apparent here.
17. Did you ever ditch your girl friends to be with a guy? My guy is a girlfriend so he usually wants to come with. He out-shopped me this weekend.
18. Friend you call when you need a laugh? Angie-O, or I read Brad's blog.
19. Friend you call when you need a shoulder to cry on? The hubby, everytime. Though Angie gets it too.
20. Have you reminded your friends of how much they mean to you lately? I try! But I think Daimon's going to divorce me if I don't call back soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so touched! Thanks!

angieoh! said...

awwwwww. I felt on my quiz that to say I don't call friends, I go to hibachi (japanese steakhouse) to cheer up seemed jerky.

love you too!