Monday

I'm that guy

So you know how when you drive past a jogger in the rain you think to yourself, "Flippin' idiot, it's raining, stay home." Well today, I was that flippin' idiot. it was my day to run and it was the first day since we started running that my turn landed on a raining and cold day. i rolled over to my spouse, who was super and the number one reason i got out of bed today and said, "it's cold and raining and that makes me crabby." He replied with a totally non-judgemental since he has been in the rain a few times, "I love you, you can do it!" What do you say to that? You drag your sorry ass out of bed.

Number two reason I actually did it? Good planning. A few weeks back I anticipated this day and bought a nice moisture repellent long-sleeved shirt that kept me warm and dry, yeah! it turned out that the bad mood was a great motivator; I ran farther and faster than ever before. I also did it with a smile on my face. So it is not so bad to be that guy, I'm now on my way to buy some cold weather gear, for future motivation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now i feel fat and lazy :(

Anonymous said...

Not only are you "that guy", but you're "that guy" with a weird-ass grin on your face while doing it. C-R-A-Z-Y.

I'm back, baby! I posted to my blog today for the first time since March! I want to be back in the good graces of Lake Affected!