Thursday

Crisis of conscience

So I am driving in my car listening to crappy local radio today, feeling a little dejected about the fact that my car model has been discontinued so my dreams of just trading in for the same car for the rest of my life have been dashed. I am roadkill in the bigger is better phenom. Despite all this global warming shit, apparently my car needs to be big enough to have seven passengers in it. I know I gripe that my car is uncomfortable on road trips, that I can't fit a car seat behind my seat, at least not comfortably, and that local radio is fraught with commercials and bad songs. So why can't I bring myself to upgrade?

I guess I never realized how much a vehicle is an expression of self. My little car is practical, versatile, compact, fuel-efficient, yet not a sedan, a wagon. A wagon, the dying breed of motherhood, my childhood. I can't believe I am doing a post about my car.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm here to give you support. I'll do a post about my car. Check it out.

angieoh! said...

Don't fight it. Wagons might be making a come back!!!!

Anonymous said...

Mike had a Ford Taurus station wagon in college and you'd think it was a Porche. He still talks about that damn thing. If you want to wax romatic on station wagons, Mike's your guy.