Tuesday

Full Moon Fever


One of the upsides to being an insomniac is the fact that i was up to see the lunar eclipse. The eclipse is one of those things that reminds Chad and I why we are meant for each other. I woke him up and we went and sat in the middle of our quiet, deserted street, held hands and were geeks in love.

We both are huge astronomy geeks, however both a little math challenged. Chad actually took astronomy for like a week in college, i knew better and just spent my entire childhood begging my mother to go to Space Camp.

It was just an amazing special treat for Chad and I to have a little quiet time that was just for us to admire the beauty of our house and street in the pitch dark, look at the stars and be in awe of the universe. I tried to use it as a time to think about how long the universe was here before us and how long it will be here after us. I actually find that comforting and it made some big terrible things seem a little smaller, for a little while.

2 comments:

Chip said...

Ironically, I was really frustrated in my one real astronomy course because I thought it was too much like a history class...too much memorization. We should take the girls to Washburn some night to look through the old telescope.

Liz Allman said...

Yeah, it was memorization of math, which is where we fell down. Memorization of anything else, no problem, after all what is art history, but memorization.