Thursday

What I'm Loving Right Now

I know that I have been kind of phoning it in lately so I thought that I would show some personality and give you all some links to what I am loving right now.

This is one of my getTrio finds. I have very detailed fantasies about the day that I can have a mod, functional kitchen. For now I have to compromise with my resale-value -minded husband.

Corrine Bailey Rae. I know that she is very adult contemporary and is marketed by Starbucks specifically for me, but if you get past the super-sweet first couple of tracks and get to "Call Me When You Get This" you get a real love song. That head-over-heels first time you figure out that you love somebody love song. She leaves an elaborate declaration of love on her boyfriend's answering machine and finishes the message in true love-sick fashion, "Call me when you get this. . . "

Matt Damon. Thanks to the new Bourne movie, basic cable is re-running all the old Bourne movies. I loves me my thinking-girl action hero.

This dress. I am the laziest shopper EVER. I dread clothes shopping because I never have the time to try on the amount of clothes that you need to try on to find that diamond in the rough that is the item not designed for a flat-chested twelve year-old. So Nordstroms is a girl's dream come true. Generous return and exchange policies are a rare find in on-line shopping. I am being a smart cookie for once and buying all of my Fall/Holiday dresses for Chad's nine-million events now instead of adding to the list of my holiday stressors.

All right, I'll have to end the list there so that I can attend to my World Series of Pop Culture commitments.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Matt Damon is the hottest thing on two legs. I just hope he has a third leg, too, if you know what I'm sayin'.