Tuesday

Detox

So I am finally back from my mom's and I have sufficently rested enough to post about something other than Harry Potter. Why is my mom's so exhausting? I share a double bed with my daughter, my mother has three cats and is a pack a day smoker so my allergies are basically debilitating and just for fun on this trip Olivia did a kamikazee dive from the bed and used my neck to break her fall. Couldn't move that for quite a few days. Oh, and my mom doen't believe that it is good for you unless it comes out of a box and is covered in salt. I love my family sooo much, which is why I continue to visit them frequently, however when my daughter comes home parrotting phrases like "Party like a rock star" and "I am going to come at you like a spider monkey" I need to go into detox so that my head doesn't explode in rage and frustration.

So Olivia and I have been eating all homemade foods, gardening and today we are going to play all day just the two of us. Did i mention how loud my mother's house is? Ugh, so loud. We are looking forward to Chad coming home tonight. We have only seen him for 48 hours in the last ten days so that is exciting and will greatly improve Olivia's mood which has been somewhere between despondant and surly for the past few days.

So after Chad's arrival tonight, preparations for the big 3-0 celebration begin and they will be detailed and extensive. If I am going to accept it, I am going to accept it with gusto. And by gusto I mean booze.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mediation is going soooooo slowly... nevertheless, I'll see you tonight!

angieoh! said...

I think we definately need YouTube of Olivia saying "I am going to come at you like a spider monkey"

I mean, that might be worth a donation to the college fund.


this made my day!

Liz Allman said...

She does it in the accent too. I am refraining from watching Talledega Nights so that I can still think of it as amusing as opposed to disturbing.