Tuesday

I think i am getting stupider

While I rail and rant about the misperception that stay-at-home moms don't use their brain all day, this week I am worried. I tried to write a letter to the editor of my local paper yesterday about the state's recent proposal to cut off their subsidies for Olivia's pre-school. Could not do it. A letter that in the old days would have taken me fifteen minutes was a rambling mess after fourty-five. It was pathetic. My husband tried to cheer me up by saying that we are tired, still sick from our latest family cold, overworked, etc.

I was really stressing until I read a blog post from one of Angie's friends about how much the routine gets us down. You realize how cluttered your mind becomes with all of the trivial "have to's" and you never get to any of the "want to's". I realized that none of what Chad gave me as a reason was true because that is every week and has been for months.

So tonight is going to be my marathon, I am going to get rid of as many have to's as I can, get a good night's sleep and maybe tomorrow I can wake up my dormant brain, that maybe just needs to be rebooted because it is getting smarter everyday and is trying to keep up with itself?

Also, my stove comes in two days, so maybe my want to will be to finally put up my new blog template that will now need a new, expanded, what I am cooking section.

2 comments:

angieoh! said...

Glad you visited the Fancy Simple... always a good brain firer upper (feel free to link us up).

Don't fret - sometimes the Have To's bring us down but think about how glorious the days with no (or very few) have to's are. :)

By the way - if any of your readers want access to my blog, just email me at angiejolson@gmail.com. :) I know, my posts are not that fascinating, it must be the offers of treats in the mail that keeps people coming back.

sorry for the rambling comment, maybe it is contagious!

Barb said...

Hooray for Fancy Simple, inspiring people the world over.

Seriously, though. I totally agree about checking off the "to-dos." You'll feel much less cluttered when it's all finished.