Thursday

Lack of motivation

So Supermom's comment reminded me of a hilarious conversation I had with my friends Sarah and Heather when they were here for dinner last week. So, we were talking about my desire to get in shape, but my ambivilance about joining a gym. I mentioned that I wish I could afford a personal trainer because I take direction very well, but I have no self discipline. So then someone starts talking about those new Nike iPods and how they "coach" you. I asserted that a pleasant and gentle voice telling me how much time I had left on the treadmill was not going to cut it. I need it to say, "Move it tubby!" or "Have you seen your butt in the mirror lately?"

Sarah suggested that I add a podcast to the blog with my "motivational workouts." The scripts for which just got more and more outrageous. i haven't laughed so hard in a long time.

So, just out of curiosity, what would it take to get you off the couch?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A day spent with my own three-year-old gets me out of the house real quick, personally!

Anonymous said...

What gets me off the couch? I want to be hot when I have kids. There is nothing more sexy than a hip, hot guy with a kid. If the chances of infidelity didn't run so high with fathers, I'd be all over that business.