Wednesday

Happy Anniversary

Today is the eighth anniversary of the day that I graduated college. Tomorrow I will wake up and it will be my eighth wedding anniversary. Some people say that it was crazy to graduate, get married, drive cross country twice and pack up and move to a city in which I have never lived all in three weeks. I say it was an excellent excuse to put on sixty pounds.

Most days i do not regret walking down the aisle at the wise and ripe age of twenty-one. Then some days I think that I gave up sex with other men in my prime. Then I remember the sixty pounds and realize the only prime I had was five dress sizes ago.

I digress from what could be a wonderful and loving tribute to my fabulous husband, who is a wonderful man and father. Unfortunately, now all I can think about is the last dress I wore that was a size 6. I bought it at the GAP. . .

Anyway, I amde him garlic fries what more does he want? A hambuger? Maybe for our tenth anniversary.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're prime to me, baby! I love you, and I'm glad you decided to hang with me for the past 8 years.

Sean said...

Has it really been 8 years?? Wow!

Happy Anniversary. That has always been my most favorite wedding to attend.

Anonymous said...

I drove all over the country then too! That doesn't seem like all that long ago - but damn, I certainly couldn't drive from Columbia to Chicago on no sleep, see a couple baseball games (and make an appearance at your reception) then back to Columbia, pack up and clean that house, sleep two hours on the dirty, grubby floor, wake up and drive to Denver to see another baseball game in two days today. I need some recovery time these days.

angieoh! said...

Yay for you guys. Love you and your family... wishing you lots more happy anniversaries to come.

Barb said...

Congrats on the eight years (and the garlic fries!).

I wouldn't stress the Six 6. Have you been to the Gap lately? It's not nearly as cute as it was in the days of Reality Bites!

daimon said...

Happy Anniversary, by the way.


And I just thought of something - I might have worn that same size 6 dress...

Lynn said...

Congrats guys! I can't believe that was 8 years ago!

Liz Allman said...

You probably did and looked better in it than me.