Sunday

Daughters of tough cookies unite

On Mother's Day I think that I should do a tribute to my own mother. Since my mother hates all things computers and would never read my blog, I figure i will throw the net a little wider and do a tribute to all my girlfriends who were raised by women like my mom. My mom is the definition of tough cookie. She works, harder, longer and for less money than anyone I know, and loves it. She raised me all by herself, has never met a person who she doesn't think was just a little lazy (and compared to her we all are), and she has the biggest mouth I have ever seen. She is a die-hard defender of her children, until we get home and she chews us a new one.

So for anyone raised by a woman like my mom, pat yourself on the back and then be grateful. Nobody will ever take you for a sucker, you will never be left unprepared for anything, and no one will ever take you for anything less than one tough cookie.

2 comments:

ang said...

Great post. :)

Takes one to know one I guess.

Happy Mothers Day to one of my favorite Mamas.

Barb said...

Can't say I was raised by a tough cookie, just a crazy one.

That's gotta count for something!