Monday

Weekend Warriors

After several weekends of not being at home Chad and I tore it up this weekend. We saw some of our favorite friends (we love Ang and Mike!) took Olivia to see some awesome South American dancers, the youth orchestra, a play date and the soccer at the park. I think Chad and I enjoyed soccer more, though. I finally tackled risotto and all the stirring IS worth it. Chad and I are catching up on our movies and we decided to buy a new car.

This was huge because Chad and I never decide anything. We debate, we argue and then we avoid all major purchases. Sometimes it is about money, sometimes it is about nitpicking details (For instance, I refuse to have another maroon car. Matching cars are dorky!!!!), but usually it is about need. What he thinks we need and what I think we need. However, this time even I need to admit that Chad's hatchback is not exactly a family-friendly vehicle. When Olivia tells me she can't move her legs in the backseat because they are too squished against the seat in front of her; I need to cede my socio-economic argument against consumerism and let Chad buy a new car.

Lucky for me, he knows exactly what he wants and he test drove it this weekend and now it just comes down to haggling with the salesman. Ugh, nothing makes me feel more drained of self respect than negotiating with car salesmen. So another Ford for our clan, could we be more Midwest?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is a shame the hatchback is a stick or I would offer to buy it off you.

Does Chad know what he wants or does he just want a FORD?

Anonymous said...

Chad's getting a Fusion, assuming that we can make the money work. Manual transmission, of course. A Fusion is basically like a Focus, only with enough legroom for the growing Miss O.