Thursday

We May Have Forgotten To Mention

Okay everybody I have an embarrassing confession to make, I have some news that I may or may have shared with you. Understand first that I am tired, very tired. Second, This isn't the kind of news where you get to just send out the mass e-mail with something simple like "We bought a house! or I'm pregnant!" But we are very excited to tell everyone that last Fall Chad and I applied to adopt a second child from state foster care. We have spent the last several months completing the home study portion of the process and after what seems like yet another interview tonight we have been told that we will be finished in March. Yeah! We have tried hard to tell everyone one by one over the past few months, but I know that with all that has gone on over the past few months I may have missed some people and for that I am sorry.

At first there was nothing to tell, we didn't know how long it would take, what kind of child we would be getting, anything. We don't know much more now but we can see the light at the end of the tunnel and we are starting to get very excited. Olivia has been told that we will be having a kid come and stay with us and that's it, but that is enough to be thrilling to her. We know that we have a hard road ahead, but know that we have great friends and family to support us.

I know that it is weird to announce that you are adding to your family you just don't know how or when. Is feels a little like saying, hey I know someday I am going to get promoted. So thanks to everyone that we have told and has been supportive, we hope to have more info for everyone soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you will be finished in March. I know it has been a long, hard process.Right now somewhere in Wisconsin there is a very lucky child. A child that will receive all the love you and Chad have to give. And the joy of life Miss O will share with him/her. Congratulations!

tina said...

congrats on the new addition! hopefully everything keeps running smoothly!!

Praxidike said...

Frankly, now I want to throw you a "baby" shower. And since you won't be pregnant, you can drink!

Anonymous said...

Hey right, good point--you can drink! As long as you hide it from the child welfare people who will be coming to evaluate you...

Maria and I went to a place called Brookside Gardens here recently, and she got all excited--it looks like Olbrich--"will we meet Olivia?!?" :( I had to say no, not today, hopefully sometime soon.