Tuesday

Under the Weather

I have been really down for the past week really with the cold to end all colds. It started out as a little nagging cold and has morphed into one of those colds that you want to do nothing but NyQuil the hell out of yourself and not wake-up for three days. If anyone ever wants to know what the worst part of being a stay-at-home is, no sick days-ever. It is made worse, however, because this is the a week where I would normally be on the internet non-stop because two exciting things have happened.

1) New president. Despite being excited that it is a Democrat, a little known fact about my husband and myself is that we are total policy junkies. Our time in DC is always dredged up when a new administration starts because we know what an exciting place DC can be when everyone is fired up. Somewhere the minutiae of everything the new administration is doing is being discussed, and I am not reading all of it!

2) Oscars. As longtime blog readers know, Chad and I are Oscars obsessed. Once upon a time we saw them all, this year, not so much. To compensate Chad and I usually read every prediction because the one thing Chad and I allow ourselves to get competitive with each other about is our Oscar pool. Usually, trying to compete with a lawyer is your own funeral, but I consistently kick his ass with the Oscar pool. And every year it is just as sweet.

I also am planning a fun baby shower and all manner of social worker craziness, so a three day nap to gear up would be really nice. . .

No comments: