Sunday

Adventagious

So instead of candy in the advent calendar we choose the high road of daily Advent activities. Olivia has added it to her growing list of why we are The Worst Parents Ever (insert eye roll here). In some ways it is a great way to squeeze in all those Christmas things that you wouldn't do unless your kid was waving a small piece of paper in your face as her proof that you MUST do it or suffer the loud tantrum consequences. On the other hand, you have to do crap. And trust me, coming up with 25 days of stuff starts to get creative somewhere around day 16. I believe next week I will be having a picnic under the Christmas tree.

For the first time ever, shockingly, Olivia has started to refuse to participate in certain activities. I thought that Olivia would be much older when I found myself saying through clenched teeth, "It is Christmas and we will sit here and sing carols or so help me God no one will get presents."

No comments: