Wednesday

Green Mile

Okay, so maybe that is a little over-dramatic, but this week marks the too short walk down the last year at home with my baby. As we watched all the kids march off to school yesterday I did a little sigh knowing that Olivia will be making that walk one year from now. I know that she is ready to go, that she would go today and that makes me think that I did what I was supposed to do in life, make her an independent person. But who am I kidding? That kid was born not needing me for a thing. This stirs up all the emotions for me, excitement about all the fun things we are going to do in our last year, freedom to move on to the next stage of my life, disappointment that I will soon be old enough to have a school-aged child, of course sadness.

For now I am trying to get my focus on making it a terrific last year for both of us, unfortunately my curriculum planning is suffering because of the kitchen remodel. My husband is ditching us for fun in the pouring rain this weekend so I am going to take that time to finish up and maybe start planning a Mommy/daughter vacation, just the two of us maybe to NYC to show Olivia a dying breed, or to our old stomping grounds in DC? Either way, Chad and I have already vowed to make all our usual vacations longer because soon we won't be able to. So look out FL and CA Olivia's coming, and she is ecstatic to see anyone who is not wearing a tool belt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are welcome whenever---and for however long---you want. And I promise,there will NEVER be a tool belt in sight(or even hidden for that matter).
Oh I too am a bit weepy thinking that the Divine Miss O is off to kindergarten next Fall. Where has the time gone????
But alas I can ponder this no longer-- the ex-beauty queen, sportscaster,Mayor of a town smaller than any suburb and soon to be Grandma---Sarah Palin is going to speak(read).