Wednesday

They Say It's Your Birthday

It's my birthday too! Well, it was anyway. Here are some pics from what we did. Olivia and I sprung for a pricey class at the University's Arboretum and got to spend the whole morning digging in the dirt to find Olivia's favorite creepy crawlies. Olivia's prize in her specimen jar? TWO spiders that she gleefully let crawl all over her while the other mom and kids cringed. It was a proud mama moment. We spent the rest of the morning wandering through the gorgeous Arboretum and encountering wild turkeys on a perfect summer day.

Then Olivia had a terrific drum lesson with Dane who brought her the bells that the Indian dancers that she so loves wear on their feet and she is still in seventh heaven. Then my hubby took me out for pizza and my favorite, lemon sorbet. He didn't even blink when I told him that I wanted sorbet instead of the fabulously glamorous dessert that he had bought from a local bakery. Then he accompanied me while I shopped in all my favorite downtown stores. All in all, a great day. When I got home I got to listen to all my great messages from family and friends, some of which were hilarious. And I found out the exact date that Angie is having her baby, which everyone in our house is ecstatic about. Oh, and the title paperwork finally came through so kitchen construction starts Monday! Thanks to everyone who made this a great b-day!


Posted by Picasa

No comments: