Wednesday

Ham sandwich

Well, my efforts at getting Olivia into ice skating lessons this Spring were thwarted by our local ice rink closing early due to the fact that there is so much freaking snow and ice here nobody was skating indoors. So, to compensate I enrolled her in cooking classes at a local restaurant. This class is adorable and the woman who runs the restaurant is my new role model, but the real appeal to Olivia is the fact that the cooking class is being filmed for the local PBS station to run a kids cooking show.

Now, I must admit here that we do not own a video camera. Our digital camera takes, like, 30 seconds of video, but Olivia has had absolutely no experience being filmed for any length of time. I actually kind of hate those parents that follow their kids with a video camera, but that's another post (hey I've got 35 more to go). Let's just say that Olivia has taken to being filmed like a fish to water. Are you surprised? I didn't think so. It is totally hilarious to watch. She pauses her comments to make sure the camera is on her, and when it isn't she speaks REALLY loudly to make sure her comments are heard by all. I can't wait to get my DVD at the end of the session, I will totally post clips of the video for a good laugh.

No comments: