Friday

What Happens When I Wake Up Too Early


So Valentine's Day kind of snuck up on me after we got back from Florida and I really was not interested in handing out the pre-packaged Valentines so I offered to make a snack. Well for whatever reason on Thursday I woke up before the alarm and with that early morning wake-up came a ridiculous, delusional confidence that I could accomplish anything. SO fruit cups with only pink and red fruits with the watermelon cut into heart shapes it was. Then i decided, I have about an hour and half before I have to be at my hair cut, I'll make heart-shaped bread too. In retrospect, it was either that or do laundry or something else equally productive. However, when I showed up with this snack there was another mother there who was quickly cramming pre-packaged valentines into the half-day kids' bags whom she had apparently forgotten to make valentines for the evening before. I swear this woman was trying to murder me with her thoughts. So this goes out to all the other moms, please don't think I am a Martha Stewart wanna-be, I am simply a woman who would rather cut seventeen hearts out of bannana bread than unload the dishwasher, again.

PS-The most awesome part, and the way you can tell you live in an affluent suburb, is when I explained to the kids that the red citrus in the cup was a blood orange they all looked at me like, "Duh." Apparently, they had eaten them with lunch several times already.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: