Monday

Super Tuesday, Redux

Tomorrow is our primary and the strategies are flying at the Gendreau house. For those of you out of state, Wisconsin is an open primary, which means we can vote for any candidate from any party. In fact, eight years ago I voted for John McCain, what goes around comes around. This year is a real challenge, I am torn because John Edwards' name will still be on the ballot (don't even bother to post that it is a waste of a vote, I hear it everyday here at home), but I also could vote for Mike Huckabee to make the Republican race more interesting. I actually saw a Huckabee sign in a neighbor's yard and I had to stop the car, it is just not something that you see in Madison.

Listening to all the election coverage, I am truly distraught about the fact that I am completely ambiguous to my party's current candidates. Sadly, I am not alone, most Democrats say in polls that they are satisfied with either candidate. So why does it feel so crappy? I think it is because I have a sinking feeling that they are both going to suck it up against John McCain and it is cold comfort to know that Republicans aren't too fond of him either. I suppose that we just have to think that if nobody is happy, some compromising will have to happen and something will actually get done in Congress?

No comments: