Monday

Gentlemen, start your engines

SO this weekend was whole hot mess of crazy, another seven inches of snow, high winds, birthday party shopping, etc. The high point for Olivia though, was the Daytona 500. Angie was kind enough to tip us off to the fact that this event was going on because Chad and I are both so completely ignorant of NASCAR that we would have totally missed it. Olivia, on the other hand, can't get enough. I should preface this by saying Olivia loves everything fast. She went on her first roller coaster when should could barely walk up to it, her favorite gift of all time might be her mini motorcycle, she moves at high speed at all times and loudly complains whenever anyone else is not up to her speed. She cracks up most pedestrians by standing on any street corner anywhere and yelling at passing bikers, cars, buses, whatever, "Go racers, go racers, gooooooo racers!!!"

SO I don't know why her father expresses such shock that she would love Nascar. But the best part of yesterday was his horror when I was teaching Olivia to say "Get 'er done."

2 comments:

Sean said...

For the first time ever, I fell asleep during a NASCAR car race yesterday. (It was probably the cold medicine) Anyhoo, I'm so happy to hear that there is another NASCAR fan in the family. She's still too young to talk about Earnhardt's switching over, but if we raise her right now...the time we could spend bonding watching grown men make left turns could be endless.

daimon said...

I can't express how happy it would make me to teach someone else's kid how to say Git 'er done while simultaneously turning them into a NASCAR fan. My own kid, not so much.