Wednesday

Make it stop, make it stop!!

So for the eighth week in a row Olivia is home with me on a school day. For the second week in a row Olivia is home because it is a snow day. First of all, why can it not be a snow day on a Tuesday ever? Luckily for me, the snow day allowed me to reschedule my dental appointment guilt-free. Had it been my manicure-ape shit crazy. However, this snow day has also forced home my husband. Ordinarily, Chad would go to work if it meant that he had to walk there, but today 10 inches of snow has literally made that his only option. Unfortunately, not every single office in Madison is closed nor is our internet down so Chad is turning my house into his office. Our house is not large. Today is that glimpse into what retirement is like. He is home when he should not be, he is using the phone, he is randomly wandering in on games, storytime. (He is making me crazy, but don't tell him that.)

Fun fact-If you feel like you keeping hearing me bitch about snow it is because I am it has snowed in Madison 38 of the 68 days this winter. We also need only 13 inches of snow to break the record for most snowfall ever in Madison. Considering the ten inches we will get today and that we still have two to three months left of snow temps, I think we'll make it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was thinking of you this morning...Tuesdays are looking better and better aren't they? Edgewood is closed, but Chip is at work, I'm amazed Chad isn't!

Anonymous said...

Only 2 more days until sun,sand,swimming. Yeah---if you can get out of that frostbitten,snowbound town.