Monday

With Chad gone I am catching up on a lot of my reading (yeah!) but sometimes a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. So I have a few questions to toss out into the blogosphere.

1) Why are there six million books about teaching your child to love reading, and zero books about teaching your kid to love math? I mean seriously, the last time I checked there were approximately 10 billion English teachers and like four math teachers in the United States. I don't like to toss around a word like retarded, but I am not exaggerating when I say that I might have a problem with numbers. If it involves a number I cannot retain it, understand it or convey it to others. I have problems memorizing my own daughter's birthdate, I was there, yet I often still give out her due date. So I think I am legitamitely concerned that I might pass on this genetic blip to my kid. Why is there no book for this, I only know how read, is it possible that people who teach Math are incapable of writing a book?

2) Is anyone else starting to suspect that all the Democratic candidates actually have the same position on all the issues and all we are voting for is who looks best delivering their stump speech? I mean at least the Republicans have some different views on taxes, religion, etc. Democrats are giving me nothing. If that is the case I am going with Edwards, he looks good and has cute kids. We can't vote for Bill again right?

3)Why is it thunderstorming in the dead winter? I seriously woke up with a start this morning thinking that the world was coming to an end and wasn't I embarassed that I consistently mocked the whole end of days thing. I then had to proceed in getting my daughter completely dressed and ready for school without removing her hands from her ears, again it goes back to thinking outside the box.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Check this out:
http://www.amazon.com/Teach-math-non-traditional-relaxed-fear/lm/R1BD7OHI4LR7R5/ref=cm_lmt_srch_f_2_rsrscs0