Tuesday

Gooey on the Inside

As I bunker down for another two days of ridiculous weather of the apocalypse (I ask you, what is snow thunder?) my thoughts are trying to stay focused on something positive, like Valentine's Day. Chad and I have never been Valentine's people. This is mostly because i have been a little embarrassed to admit all these years that I am a total softie for V-Day. I know that Hallmark has totally hijacked me and most other women alive, but I have to innately support any holiday that is about showing the people that you love how you really feel about them. It doesn't help that this year Olivia has declared her party theme to be pink, pink, pink (but more about that later).

SO to kick of the V-Day craft extravaganza I am doing a tribute to mobiles. I love them and everything about them. The movement, the structure, the color and someday I will have them in every room of my house. Mostly, I love how they make Chad crazy. He hates Alexander Calder, and hence, all things mobile. This one from Wondertime will definitely be showing up in Olivia's toy room at some point over the next few weeks as soon as I figure out how to work it into the curriculum. I still have all the materials to make this one from the Christmas holidays and if winter extends this crazy much longer I may have to bust it out with snowflakes instead of reindeer. I saw this one on Design Mom today and am deeply disappointed that none of my friends have hired me to design their nursery yet because this one has pattern and contrast galore. Perfect for all my friends' future Einsteins.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dad has some Christmas Mobiles that he plans on selling on e-bay. I'm sure he could send them your way instead.