Wednesday

Good Night and Good Luck

Just so no one panics, I have taken off Angie's blog and Fancy Simple because they both signed off at the end of the year. I wish the Fancy Simple girls luck in all their new endeavors. I plan to carry on their mantle with my number one resolution for this year, think bigger. Being a a desperate housewife lends itself to thinking inside the metaphorical box a lot. You need to be somewhere and the kid is throwing a fit, you wake up dreading doing the dishes and cooking the same meals. Not me, not this year. This year I want to focus on how to dream big, want more and ask myself why not? So as a final tribute to the Fancy Simple girls here is your quote for the day:

"To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe."-Anatole France

2 comments:

angieoh! said...

Liz - you are too sweet. I also see you are making that chicken with avocado from EF - you must get your mag quicker than me!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

The "Facts of Life" from a serialized novel I am reading on-line:

- Life is not fair.
- No one is exempt from death.
- Physics rules the universe and biology rules life.
- The universe does not care.
- The only constant in life is change.
- There is always a choice.
- Wishing never makes it so.
- A person can't exceed their limits.
- A person is responsible for their own happiness.
- It is impossible to change the character of another.

[copyright 2007 Lazlo Zalezac]

We are ALL capable of great things, we just have to take time out of shoveling the mud (or snow as the case may be), and dream. BTW - the best way to have a great future is to invent it.

Have Fun