Monday

The end of a very long journey for Chad

While we did many fun and exciting things as a family this weekend, the most exciting thing that can or ever will happen for Chad is that his long awaited iPod Touch came home with him this weekend. I know you are saying, "Wait! Don't i remember several posts where Liz refused to purchase the Touch?" The answer is yes, loyal reader, I staunchly refused to purchase or let Chad purchase such a ridiculous and extravagant item. However, the following is a story about how you should never come between Chad and his desired electronic device because he becomes wiley and resourceful.

After coming to the conclusion that I really was not going to budge Chad found some crazy on-line scheme to get himself an iPhone. It involved his work paying for continuing legal education credits from some private company or some sort of crazy thing that i am sure in six months they are going to find out was some bogus scam. But he used his lawyer-talk charm on his managing partner and he signed off on it so it is his problem now.

So now Chad has an iPhone. Well, he doesn't want an iPhone (though he did use this opportunity to try and convince me to let him buy a Blackberry) so he has to figure out how to unload the iPhone. His lawyer-talk skills failed on the employees at the Apple Store (why don't they call it an iStore?) so now he has to figure an alternate way to unload this thing. Enter eBay.

I will use this ooprtunity to assert that the stupidest people alive shop on eBay. I don't care if every single reader I have shops on eBay and is removing me from their bookmarks. eBay shopper=complete f@#$ing moron. Chad put that thing up there for like $125 more than it goes for retail and some a-hole bought it. Full freight, eight hours after he posted it. You can go to the Apple web site and get it, why would you pay more on eBay? Frankly, now that the money is in my checking account I just don't care.

So while I and one of Chad's co-workers froze our patoots off ringing the Salvation Army bell, Chad was at the Best Buy using six different coupons to buy himself an iPod Touch. Last night they bonded together over surfing internet poker web sites, tonight they are going to shop for a case because she is looking a little smudgy.

I hope they are very happy together. Why this kind of effort can't be put into getting me a snowblower I will never understand.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just bought my first item from eBay last week - a game for my Nintendo DS. But you're right, people pay outrageous prices on there. Games routinely sell for above the retail price, and I just don't get it.