Friday

Welcome Back Friday

For the last six months or so I have been taking my neighbor's infant son on Fridays. We loved having him and I think it was a valuble experience for Olivia to still be an only but to have the reality check that she is not the only person in the universe one day a week. I didn't really realize how much I had missed my Fridays. I thought that with Olivia in school three days I would have tons of free time and it wouldn't matter that I had one day where I got nothing done.

What I got done today was one really great day with my kid. A stress-free playdate, a girls lunch and we are looking forward to an afternoon of piling into bed with hot cocoa and books and maybe some holiday shopping. Fridays were a really important reality check for both of us, my one and only is just fine with me.

I think I am going to hang on to the no cooking Fridays thing though.

No comments: