Wednesday

Thankless listing

So I am way behind with the Fancy Simple girls who last week made a list of what they were grateful for so here is my abridged twist for the week after.

1) My husband's health-Being able to make my holiday trip without worrying about how he was feeling was a Godsend. Very grateful for his speedy recovery.

2) My Allman Family-Visiting family is usually a big pain in the ass. Let's face it, flying sucks, not sleeping in your own bed sucks, and generally your family involves some sort of dysfunction that is totally obnoxious. That's not just me right? Visiting the Allmans is a little different. I get to hang with my aunt who is one of my favorite friends at her manse, which is awesome because I get to lock myself in her bathroom and just smell the soaps for twenty minutes, and then I get to say things like, "I'm sorry I have to go, we are lunching poolside at the club."

3) Mani/pedies-Though I ruined my perfect 40's pin-up red cleaning up today, a quick polish change this weekend and no one will ever no that I clean my own house at the Christmas part this weekend. Ok, that's a lie, but I can pretend that I don't clean my house.

4) The Detriot Airport play area-God bless the people who realized that if you don't have something that a three year-old can climb on during a three hour layover someone, like a gate agent, might get seriously hurt.

5) Lunch dates-I don't get lunch dates with my hubby often, but today I did and managed to pack a great time into 30 minutes. It is amazing how much more energy you have after you laugh for thirty minutes straight.

Now for the things that I am not thankful for, because you knew all this good cheer had to take a turn for the worse.

1) Fit camp-So the Allman's dysfunction this trip was the fitness craze they are all on. I guess only I consider it dysfunctional to want to be fit, but nevertheless it sucked. I worked out more in three days than i think I did in the past two weeks. Sore, very sore. Fitness instructors are cold, unfeeling people that must not have been loved by their parents. However, we are now down to 171 for those of you who are counting.

2) Crabby men travelling coach-Dude, you are travelling coach from Florida. The ONLY people on this flight are elderly with special needs and small children. Get over yourself.

3) Airport Starbucks-Why for the love of all things sacred would you be on the wrong side of security? I can't take my coffee through security so you just sit there and taunt me from the other side.

4) Work functions-Need I say more? The employees hate going to them and their spouses hate it even more. Employees at least have work to talk about, I have to sit and make the most painful small talk ever with people who don't know or care who I am.

I'll leave it at four so it appears as if I am more grateful than ungrateful. That way I might not go straight to hell for the describing the season of the birth of my Lord as "soul-eating."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And I am thankful for a young woman who is a friend by choice and her adorable, amazing daughter. A daughter she is willing to share.

And I agree---coach is a bitch---so everyone get go over it.