Sunday

In defense of ANTM

I read this story last week and thought about blogging about it, but I got caught up in other things,etc. I was thinking about it all week and when i went back and read it again today and saw the attached correction, I was even more appalled. In my humble opinion, not hiring minorities is less about race than it is about body type. If you are not a 90 pound soaking wet a-cup, hip-less child you aren't getting hired.

I was reminded when I re-read that J. Alexander, one of the judges on ANTM commented in the article. Then I thought, wait, ANTM has more black contestants than white. So you can say a lot about ANTM, but you can't say that it is not diverse. It probably has more minorities than all other reality shows combined, and not just black girls. A Hispanic girl won last season. They may mostly be 90 pounds soaking wet, but they at least have different body types.,

No comments: