Thursday

Preparing for up north

The last few days have been a little crazy because i am preparing Olivia for two back-to-back trips, one to Grandma's and one to FL with me next week. in the midst of this the child has insisted on continuing to grow so I have had to buy her a new car seat and since Fall is apparently upon us all the sudden, a new Fall wardrobe. So that extra day of pre-school? Spent it shopping. And not in a good way.

So today I will drive her to my mother's and have the whole afternoon to myself, a very daunting thought. Then Chad comes home and we pack for his firm retreat four hours north of here. Then I'll cry and call my mother, and cry some more, then we are off. The most exciting part about out trip is getting to have four hours in the car together. The dirty little secret of parenting is that you don't get to have an actual conversation with your spouse, ever. You try and talk and are interrupted so many times that you give up and by the time the kid is asleep you want to exchange nothing but logistics for the next day and go to sleep. At least, this is the case if you have a child that is a monster in some very cute tights from H&M.

So tonight my hubby and i have a date with a half-empty bottle of Chardonnay and i might even be able to talk him into a movie. If I'm not too busy calling my mother. I'll see you all in a few days!

No comments: