Thursday

i am an island

Some people find it odd that Chad never knows what is going on my blog. We just don't discuss it. in fact, he rarely checks or comments on my blog. I don't find this strange and I read a great quote in the book on my "What I Am Reading" list that explains why.

" I think the idea of writing by committee, or learning to write by committee is insanity. It's just simply insanity. I mean, writing is a very solitary process, it's all about being different from everything else-not the same."

I think this is why there are so many blogs. It is a not because we are a confessional tell-all society. It is because we are all trying to get a little solitary confinement in a world where we can always be reached and to use that confinement to differentiate ourselves in what is becoming an increasing homogenous society. My blog proves that while I shop at Target, drink at Starbucks and do nothing but talk about my kid all day like the rest of my friends, my blog stands as blatant and accesiable proof that I visit sites like Design Sponge and Bottom Shelf Books and my friends don't.

At least, it would if I ever got around to putting up links to my favorite sites. Great, another brillant thought flushed down the toilet.

2 comments:

angieoh! said...

aaaahhhh - you don't need to prove that you are cooler than the rest of us... your real friends already know how much cooler you are!

Happy Friday!
a

Liz Allman said...

It also proves that I can't spell and that i don't don't use spell check apparently.