Sunday

Indian Princess

So now that all that is left of the weekend is the fight over bedtime, which is never fun, I can officially say that the most fun I had this weekend was raising my hand to be a volunteer at library story time yesterday. It was one of those generic "I need a volunteer" moments that turned into me getting to learn how to tie and wear a sari. Story hour was conducted by the author of this book and at the end all of the kids (and I) got to try on beautiful saris that the author brought with her. We learned a lot of about the history of saris, their geographic significance and how they are made. Olivia's big highlight, of course, was learning some basic Indian dance moves.

It was one of those things that prompts you to go home and write a check to the library for all the wonderful programs that they offer. My only regret was forgetting the camera at home.

1 comment:

Barb said...

I miss story time. I always went as a kid. My sister got banned, though. She bit another kid!