Wednesday

Everyone's A Cynic

So either I am a dark person in a dark place or the last few days of my existance has been fodder for this post. It will make you feel jaded; here are two things I have experienced in the past two days that make me want to vomit.

1) That CNN debate. Seriously? Who didn't even show up to that debate? I am voting for them. When the number of videos on YouTube of animals doing tricks vastly outnumbers anyone posting anything with a thought behind it you end up with a debate that should have been intercut with America's Funniest Home Videos clips. All the questions should have been, "Is my dog funnier when he does this, or this?" All the millions of crazy questions they could have gotten and they chose the same eight boring questions. Putting a face on it doesn't matter. These candidates don't care. You could be talking to them with a bloody stump and asking why, if you have a graduate degree that cost more than your house, do you still have to pay into your healthcare plan?

2) I overheard a man at lunch yesterday trying his damndest to convince his wife that, for tax purposes, they should place all of their assests into his name only. HE WANTS TO DIVORCE YOU AND TAKE YOUR MONEY! To all my girlfriends everywhere, get a post-nup. They exist, they work, and statistically speaking you are more likely to sacrifice your career and your income for your family, that is, if your husband wasn't making more than you to begin with. So make him pay upfront. Besides, once you have it writing that he will pay you bucketloads of spousal support you'll find out how he really feels about you cutting back to part-time.

i am sure that someone, somewhere can put a positive spin on these situations, but that person in not me.

No comments: