Monday

You Can Take A Girl Out Of The Midwest

The biggest complaint I get from my friends who refer to the Midwest as "the flyover zone" is that there is no natural beauty. No mountains, no ocean. I take issue with this. Not only is the rural Midwest one of the most beautiful places I have ever experienced, and yes I have been to said mountains and oceans, it is actually a place that serves an honest functional purpose. Farms grow your food, people! I just find something incredibly peaceful about green as far as you can see. I like the flat, I love to give into the idea that if you stand on your tiptoes you can see forever. My husband and I are glad that we have brought our daughter back here to this magical place. Cost of living, friendly people, good schools are all nice too, but I love to drive ten miles outside of town and see this. Not strip mall wasteland.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: