Thursday

Training Day

I love going to a restaurant or, for the purposes of this post, a brand new Starbucks and watching new employees be completely oblivious to logic and just desperately try to simulate their training. So today I walk to our new Starbucks at the Target and the very chipper person there takes my order after some fumbling and me repeating my order, then showing her where it was on her register (so very, very telling of how i often I visit the Starbucks) she asks me for my name. I look around, I am the only one in the Starbucks. Logic would tell you that you this employee should be able to just hand me my iced tea. The drink you are making is mine. The only drink you are making is the only drink for the only person here. So just to be spiteful I reached over the counter and helped myself to my own straw. I actually saw the pause where she reached to hand me the straw and then didn't know what to do with herself when I already had one.

It makes me sad to think that in about two weeks she will not even make eye contact with me when I order, will not take my name, and the whole time she is filling my order will be complaining to the other girl how much she hates her job/boyfriend/other employees as I am desperately flagging her to say "Decaf! DE-CAFFFF!"

No comments: