Monday

C'est n'est pas un birthday

Technically yesterday was the day i was born thirty years ago, however I have made it clear to everyone that i am choosing not to acknowledge this fact at the current time. I have several reasons for this. First, it was Father's Day and anyone who has a birthday on a holiday understands why this sucks. It especially sucks for my husband who gets screwed, and I didn't want that. Second, I am choosing to think of my age as the old adage if a tree falls in the woods. . . if i don't celebrate my birthday I am not really thirty.

The reactions I have gotten to this are, to me, baffling. They range from laughter, to winking disbelief to down-right indignation. Why should i have to celebrate my birthday? it's mine to celebrate, or not. Don't foist your issues about not being given parties as a child on me.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Well, happy not birthday. And you REALLY don't look 30.

Barb said...

People should mind their own business. If you say no birthday--
no birthday it is!