Thursday

Marketing ployed

So I watched live tv for, like, 15 minutes today. This is worth mentioning because Chad and I are the biggest live tv snobs-ever. We bought a TiVo like seven years ago when they first came on the market and we haven't looked back since. Chad actually goes to a web site that rates the commercials to watch commercials. Riddle me that. So, we never see commercials unless Chad is watching Sportscenter because somehow this falls under the catergory of "sporting event" and therefore Chad refuses to TiVo it. So, not only do i have to watch Sportscenter, but i have to watch commercials. But, I digress. So i flip on CNN today and who do I see, but Shaun White, Olympic snowboarder, selling AMEX.

Good for you AMEX for recognizing that my generation is the one you really want. After all, aren't we the ones carrying balances and making you the real money? Then I see a really cute Rice Krispie commercial with the brillant tagline of "Childhood is calling." That's when i remember the reason I don't watch commercials, AMEX is raping me on interest rates and Rice Krispies are so nutritionally void that I would never feed them to my daughter no matter how much childhood called. I would tell them Cheerios was on the other line and they are made with whole grains.

Jackasses.

2 comments:

angieoh! said...

I love that Rice Krispies commercial. How did you get so hard hearted?

Anonymous said...

I don't know the Rice Krispies commercial of which you speak, but I am glad to be back in a land where the Rice Krispies characters are no longer in some strange, twisted dimension.