Tuesday

Liz, rule breaker

So we basically spent our weekend entertaining, which is a good time and i am getting old and tired so appreciate when all of my friends just come to me. So my friend Kat comes over and she is going through all sorts of big life changes and I hear myself telling her, "Well there is no rule that says you can't (insert activity here)."



So I sit down with Chad because I have been just agonizing over what to do for my birthday. i felt so compelled to do something crazy and fun and young because in like 19 days I will be suddenly be old. SO he looks at me, laughs and says, "Well you know there is no rule that says we can't go kitesurfing when you are 31." So we make the Rory Gilmore pro/con list and I realize that all of the things on my list like snowboarding and kitesurfing can be all be done withing 20 miles of my house. A light shines down from the heavens, I can go kitesurfing because it is Tuesday! it doesn't need to be my birthday, I don't need that as an excuse to do something fun.

So I bought a new stove and an under the counter microwave. They are gorgeous and they will be here next Thursday. It has convection, people!!! All four burners work! I just have to break it to my father and brother-in law that all that work they did putting in my range hood a few years ago is all being ripped out. Sorry guys, but the wiring there was really helpful!

Now some people (everyone I've told so far, including husband), might try and convince me that this is the lamest thirtieth birthday present even and just solidifies the whole getting older thing. I submit that I am Liz, ruler-breaker. Coolest new stove-owner ever.

Besides, I can't lie, when I realized that I had a stove big enough to cook my 25 lb Thanksgiving turkey in, I cried. Right there in the freaking Home Depot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As long as you still have that wriring map I made for you, all is forgiven. Tonight I was helping the Morgan's rewire there house. They have lived here for 18 years and have never bothered to map their house electrically. It was a very frustrating evening.

(-: